Sonntag, 22. April 2012

Make-up AMD 2

For my second AMD in this series, I decided to watch a few episodes of the show South Park in German. For those of you who know the show it was the three episode series of imagination land. When watching other german videos, I always had a lot of trouble telling what was going on, whoever since I had already seen the episode in english, I was able to follow the story much better, and pick up on a lot more german just by knowing what they should be saying at that time. Knowing the past tense really helps to understand watching something in German. Before when watching I always though they kept talking about them having things, since the past tense usually begins with some form of the verb haben. Needless to say, watching thing in german before learning that made understanding what they said very difficult. While watching I realized that while I still struggle with writing and speaking it, recognizing it in speech and writing has become much easier. Hopefully speaking and writing will come more naturally in the future, but at the time it is cool to be able to watch some of my favorite shows in a different language, and still follow the story line as if I were watching it in english.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.