For my first of four AMD's in this exciting series I looked around the German subreddit on reddit. For those of you who don't know what reddit is, it is a website where people post links to certain subreddits, and people can upvote if they like the link, downvote if they don't like the link, and comment on the link if they want. A subreddit is a part of reddit where you can post specific links. For example the German subreddit has many links and posts having to do with Germany and the German language. Links that get a lot of upvotes will make what is called the front page, which is the first links yo see when traveling to the subreddit. Anyways, enough about explaining what reddit is, I should probably talk about what I learned in the German subreddit.
So in this subreddit I found a lot of people talking about studying abroad. It seems Germany is a very popular place for students to travel an study for a semester. I found links for countless things for students to do and study while there, and I can see why so many students want to go. I also found many people posting links about the struggles of the learning the German language. I saw this funny picture (this is the link) which shows how some words in German are much longer and complex then the same words in many different languages. I also looked at some popular german music videos and reviews for German movies. German music is actually pretty good, and I am able to understand some of what they are saying now which makes it much more enjoyable. I also found links to many German food websites. To show some differences between what Germans usually eat and what Americans do. That pretty much sums up what I learned from the subreddit. It almost felt like reading a bunch of kultur articles so it was cool to learn more about German culture.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.