Mittwoch, 4. April 2012

Kultur 5

Naturally, I was drawn to the article about sex shops. The title contained three of my favorite things (beer, sausage, and sex), and so I couldn't help but to explore the German's views on these wonderful things. Unfortunately, there wasn't much here about beer or sausage for my liking, but I enjoyed it all the same. The thought of German sex shops in plain view shocked me a little; such a phenomenon would be taboo even in the sex-driven culture that we live in. It made me wonder what the German view on sex itself is, and whether feelings about it are different from the way they are here. Ironically, I feel that this openness with which the Germans display their sex shops probably has a positive impact on society; by removing the mystique of sex, it effectively mitigates the appeal to teenagers and other people who shouldn't be doing it. It is definitely an approach that Americans may look into, despite the huge paradigm shift it would require of all of us.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.