For my final AMD assignment, I decided to attend the Faderhead concert at Necto on Monday night. Prior to attending, I watched a few videos of his shows to get an idea of what sort crowd he attracts. It all seemed to have a darker, almost "gothic" vibe...particularly when compared with what I'm used to. It made me wonder about the prevalence of "alternative styles" in Germany. In America, I would say that the "hardcore" gothic/punk type look is very marginalized throughout the country in general; however, it seems that it may be more common in Germany.
Anyway, at the concert I was pleasantly surprised to find that I REALLY liked the music. Usually, I can barely tolerate electronic music and I find it impossible to dance to. However, this music had a great beat, and the songs were diverse enough to appeal to a wide range of tastes. The crowd in attendance was a mix of people dressed in casual and alternative (some very extreme) clothing. After talking to a few friends who have been to Germany, I discovered that many clubs in Germany tend to prefer such people, to the over-the-top, superficial guests that are frequently found in the most popular American clubs. That night, Necto seemed to reflect that.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.