Sonntag, 8. April 2012

German 101: Make-up Blog #1

In order to prepare for the upcoming final test and access how far I've come in German thus far, I decided to test myself on the vocabulary from Kapitel 1-6 on the flashcard program.  There were about 1200 words and I was unable to make it through the entire list in one sitting. But, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I knew a majority of the words (my biggest issue was nouns/specific objects).  Although I'm enjoying learning German, the workload can feel a bit overwhelming from time to time...particularly when work for other classes starts piling up as well.  Because of this, I haven't always taken the time to practice memorizing every new word for each chapter, and that is often most apparent to me when I notice the simple mistakes I've made when I get back a graded exam or essay.  That can definitely be discouraging.  However, after this activity I realized that I know hundreds of words in German...far more than I thought I did.  I also realized that learning words in the newer chapters can sometimes help me figure out words that I may not remember from previous chapters.  This was a surprisingly enlightening activity. :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.