Samstag, 7. April 2012

Kultur 6

For the sixth and final Kulturtext, I read the article on German privacy. I found it short and to the point, but nevertheless informative and fascinating, with many implications about German's behaviors and attitudes. It reminds me of the previous article I read about Germans and honesty, in that it reflects a forwardness of nature that isn't diluted by the petty mannerisms that exist in America. While it makes sense that a closed door doesn't necessarily imply that one isn't welcome inside, to discard this American rule of thumb leaves no simple way for those inside to indicate that they do, in fact, want to be left alone. This leads me to believe that there is little to no privacy in German society, a fact which also recalls a previous article–that on Germans and their stares. On another note, I liked the sarcastic narrative in which the article is written, although it doesn't articulate the point of the article until the very end.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.