Montag, 2. April 2012

AMD6

I attended the Ann Arbor film festival this weekend, and while I was there, I saw a film by a German filmmaker. The film was called In The Open (Im Freien), and it was by a filmmaker named Albert Sackl, of Berlin. The film was very surreal and experimental.

Rather than having any overarching story, it was simply a collection of landscape images with varying objects in the foreground. The landscapes were filmed over long periods of time, and the footage was shortened to show the passage of time over the course of the 23 minute film. The landscapes were rocky and mostly desolate. The objects placed in front were strange-painted boxes, the torso of a mannequin.

I don't have a lot of experience with German film. I've seen Lolla Rennt, but this was an entirely different sort of work. It was interesting to get a look at some of the more experimental German filmmaking.

I would love to see more German films! Maybe there will be more at next year's film festival.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.