But then again, I suppose I only feel that way because I was brought up here. Whether or not someone feels comfortable with that is determined by where they grew up. For someone who grew up in Germany, they wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all with the idea. In fact, someone who grew up in Germany would probably be somewhat surprised with the way Americans treat sex shops. Although we consider our shame of such shops normal, for someone from Germany it would probably seem abnormally prude to hide such shops away. We would be the ones who appear to be acting strange!
I've often heard it said that Americans are much more prude and ashamed of sex than the citizens of other countries. I've also heard that, in contrast, Americans are much more comfortable with violence in their media. I wonder what the German opinion of American treatment of violence and sex is like?
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.