Mittwoch, 21. März 2012

AMD Extra Credit

Für Kultur 5 in diesem Kapitel, I would only talk in german to a few of my friends via text message. This was hard however because I couldn't use umlauts but I still got a lot of practice contrasting words and using the vocabulary that I have learned! I would talk to my friend Vinny, Brandon (in German Class), my old friend from Germany Daniel, and my friend Austin (whose getting a major in German). I would try and keep the conversation to things that I knew how to say because I really didn't always have access to a german dictionary to help me translate words I wanted to say on the fly. I would have pretty normal conversations. Some of my conversations would consist of things like "Nein! Ich bin in Deutsch Klasse aber ich habe Klasse noch um drei Uhr. Warum?" or "ich möchte Deutsch studieren mit dich!". Just these simple texts messages have really come in handy when I am trying to learn to recognize german quicker. Then I would practice reading them out loud so I could practice my pronunciation. Also I really good tip that one friend Austin whose getting his major in german said to me was that when you are pronouncing words that have multiple vowls next to each other, you pronounce the second vowl. For example, "weil" is pronounced like "vile" in english, this because the w sounds like a v and you pronounce the second vowl which is and "i" so when you say it it sounds like "vile"! Talking to my friends in german in this way has really made an improvement in my german speaking! I definitely suggest it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.