Dienstag, 6. März 2012

AMD 4

So, clearly I am a little late with this AMD, however I think I made up for it. I was able to get in touch with my friend Jessica tonight. She is in the army like me and I have taken a couple military courses with her. She is also a German linguist in the U.S. Army, so she is quite skilled in the language and uses it on an almost daily basis. We spoke together on Skype tonight and again I found it quite difficult to keep up with her in the conversation, but it was a good learning experience. We talked about what has been going on lately in our lives, but I mostly talked about school and German class. She gave me a quick lesson in using the past tense and I think I am starting to understand it. We spend so much time just using the present tense that it is quite difficult to say what I "did" yesterday, last week, etc. It was a good little class a la Skype. She asked me what we are working on in class right now, which if course is saying things like "I want to...," "I should...," and "I need to..." So we spent a little bit of time saying things we would like to do in our lives and we we have to do right now. I think speaking with her has been some great practice for me and I enjoy having the opportunity to improve on my limited conversational abilities.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.