Perhaps this is why Germans love the doner so much-being a Turkish import, it seems novel to them, and as such, they prize it. I'd bet that Turks are not as impressed with the Doner as the Germans are.
Montag, 13. Februar 2012
Kultur3
I chose to read the articles about German fast food. To be honest, I was quite surprised by them. Although I do not have so much experience with German food, I had always heard the Currywurst spoken of some sort of national treasure. I had always assumed it was, if not highbrow, something one really was supposed to try were they ever in Berlin. So I was fairly surprised to see that multiple articles were particularly dismissive of the Currywurst. I probably shouldn't have been so surprised. The Currywurst isn't a particularly special food, so I can't imagine anyone who lives in Germany is particularly enamored of it. It's probably only prized by those who do not see it on a regular basis, AKA tourists. There are plenty of things in the US that tourists love that Americans are not particularly in love with, and the Currywurst and Germans probably have a similar relationship.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.