Montag, 13. Februar 2012
Kultur 3
The first article I read was about German beer. I found it very interesting, especially compared to the image of beer in the United States. For college students, beer merely seems like a drink to get drunk. When I am with my dad though, he always seems to find nice beer and drinks it with our family for the taste of it. It is interesting that in Germany, beer plays such an important part of their culture. It is the national drink, and there are literally thousands of different beers. One part of the article that particularly interesting me was about how when people drink Weizenbier, they will actually send it back and order another if the head collapses before they finish drinking it. That really showed me how important the overall experience of drinking a beer in Germany is; every little detail of it matters. The second article I read was about banning public drinking. I do agree with both sides of the issue. From one perspective, public drinking does lead to more crime, however, because it has been legal for so long, the laws about it cannot simply change one day. It is too normal for people to publicly drink now, so I think that the best solution would be to ban public drinking in certain places, as described in the article. I also found the article about Turkish food stands taking over the streets. It reminded me a lot of New York City, where they have gyro stands at almost every corner. It is very interesting that in many major cities, the food you see the most is commonly foreign.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.