I also found it interesting how obsessed Germans are with statistics. I realized when reading that article that I could not name any statistics about my hometown or state like the examples given in the article. I can name how many students go to U of M and how many fans the Big House can hold, but compared to the Germans I don't know any statistics. It was very interesting to read about some of their cultural differences.
Montag, 30. Januar 2012
Kultur 2
I read the articles about German culture, and I found it very interesting. The one that stuck out to me the most was "Brutally Honest." It surprised me how honest Germans are, and then I realized how stupid it is that Americans are so polite. There are so many phrases in America that do not mean what they say at all. For example, the one they talked about in the article, " We should get together sometime," almost never means that we should actually get together. It is more of a way to end the conversation politely. After reading this article, I realized how much more sense it makes to just be honest.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.