For my second Kultur, I read the article "Brutally Honest: "Have You Gained Weight?". I thought it was completely fascinating to see the difference in cultural standards between Americans and Germans. I often hear from others about how rude Europeans are but maybe they really aren't rude at all. Maybe they just have different ideas about what is polite and what isn't. If someone were to come up to me and ask if I had gained weight, I'd probably A)Spend the rest of the night crying and thinking up ideas on how to lose weight and B) Spend the rest of the night trash talking them with my friends and wondering why their mother didn't teach them manners. But apparently in Germany this is a completely normal topic of conversation! That is so odd to me.
I liked reading though, that Germans are always very honest. You always know where you stand with a german person! Countless times, I have politefully told a person I don't really like 'We should hangout sometime!" and countless times I've been around people and wondered if my presence was really wanted. But in germany none of those would occur.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.