For my first adventure with German, I decided to contact a friend of mine named Katrin. Katrin was in my choir class last year and she was a German exchange student who wanted to visit America in order to perfect her english in the hopes of becomming a translator one day. Because Katrin went back to Germany, the only way to communicate with her was through skype. We talk every so often anyways to keep in touch but this time I wanted to show her the german I had learned. Similarly to other students, it was not an easy task. Obviously Katrin had a much larger vocabularly than I. I also asked her many questions that I already knew the answer to (such as what is your name? Where do you come from?) because those were the only things I really knew how to say.
Katrin also thought it was somewhat funny how I pronounced things. Partially because I'm just learning and am not totally accustomed to the pronounciation and partially because she spoke a slightly different dialect than I. Our way of german is slightly more proper sounding than her's apparently.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.