Dienstag, 17. Januar 2012
AMD 1
For this AMD I decided to spend some time trying to chat with a fellow soldier of mine. She was born in Germany and came to the U.S. when she was still quite young. Nevertheless, she still speaks German like a native and it was really difficult for me to keep up. There were many times when I found myself asking, "What does that word mean?" or "What's that?" Thankfully she is very patient and quite kind. You quickly see how limited your lexicon is when you pair it up with someone who speaks the language fluently. She did say I have a good accent and I at least understand the grammar quite well, but the lack of vocabulary still makes me feel like a kid learning English. But I suppose that's how it goes when learning a language. We plan to continue these chats and hopefully by AMD 9 I can say that I had a rather fluent conversation about something, at least anything. Perhaps it was not the best idea to start off by speaking with a native speaker, but it gives me a good mark to try and aim for. Like they say, practice makes perfect, and I will need a lot of it...
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.