Montag, 9. April 2012

Kultur6

I was interested in the way Germans treat their garbage. I think their unique policy is both good and bad. It's good in the sense that it is eco-concious. In an age where it seems that people have to constantly fight to get ecological issues recognized, I'm glad to see that at least one country is taking the initiative. And the system forces people to become more eco-concious if they want to properly throw away their garbage, which is of course a good thing. Eco-concious citizens are a benefit to their country.

But at the same time, the system is too complicated. If it becomes too complex, there runs the risk of people simply ignoring it, or just putting everything into the general waste bin, as the author almost did. There must be a balance between being ecologically-friendly and being user-friendly. It is certainly possible to do both!

I was also left wondering why the recycling bins are not open on Sundays. Why would that be? Do sanitation workers not work on Sundays? Is there a reason why they can't just pick up Sunday's recycling on Monday?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.