Dienstag, 10. April 2012

Kultur 6

For the Kultur 6 assignment I read all the material and some of the information confused me. The first article about the newspaper, they made connections between the United States National Inquierer, which in my eyes is an extremely ridiculous tabloid like magazine that has almost no facts in it what so ever. So this news paper that seems to be ruling over Germany, is it a tabloid magazine? Or does it actually have facts. Maybe if its both this is something that I am not surprised by. My impression of Germans has always been that the people were naturally blunt people, with a bad sense of people. What I mean by that is that is that either Germans generally do not care for other feelings or just simply are being as straight forward as possible, which sometimes can be at the expense of other peoples feelings. So based on how I am viewing this news paper, to be a tabloid like newspaper that does not hold back any news, I am not surprised in the slightest that Germany has something like this.
Based on the past Kultur readings about Germans being extremely conscious of organic foods and what not, the fact that they are extreme environmentalists does not surprise me either! But to the extent that they recycle is astounding. I mean, I as much as the next person, totally support and endorse recycling, but having 5 different bins specifically for different types of recyclables in your own home seems a little excessive. I think thats really cool though! Especially the fact that they have recycling bins just casually throughout the town too. Recycling should be more like the norm like it is in Germany.
Lastly, the confidence that is takes to just knock on a closed door and barge in so you can talk to someone is very German like in my eyes too. Growing up in America, I was risen to be extremely conscious of manners. And doing something along these lines definitely makes me a little uncomfortable. But this is just proof that cultures all around the world breed different types of people! Which in my eyes is really cool! I really would love to go visit Germany someday, I feel like it would be a really awesome experience because you get to experience a completely different culture than what i am used to now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.