Mittwoch, 11. April 2012

Kultur 5

For the Kultur 5 assignment, I read all of the allotted material and I was more surprised by the material than I usually am. My favorite article - and the article that I found most interesting - was the Land of Beer, Sausage and Sex Shops. Not only was I surprised by the flat out nonchalantness of Germany and sex shops, but it has seemed to become an almost normality for the country! Seeing a CVS in a suburb would be the equivalent to seeing a sex shop in a town in Germany. lol that actually blows my mind a little bit! Germans are just naturally open people. Sex is proven to be good for you, whether its self pleasure or with a partner, it has proven to make a person healthier. So this is there way of fully endorsing that! Americans, it is true, view sex shops as "dirty". We are just an innocent group of people, we avoid uncomfortable subjects whereas germans delve right into something and are not familar with being uncomfortable at all.
In America, in most of the nicer restaruants or clubs, it is actually quite normal to see a "sanitary assistant". People whose only job is to give you a paper towel, maybe a stick of gum, or whatever it is you may need in the bathroom, and yes it is normally common curtsey to throw them a few bones (bones in american slang means dollars). However, it seems like this assistant in the bathroom is more like a waitress for the bathroom in a way, and there is no way out of using them while your in the bathroom, and its just natural that you pay them a little bit for there service. Its almost like paying a toll to cross there bridge, except your paying a toll to pee. ahhahaa
The women article struck me as extremely interesting as well. I am not suprised that there are more women than men in germany. Germans strike me as pride full people, and people like that have always shown masculinity in a way. What I mean by that is that Men are men and women are women. The men do the work and they care of the women, so that being said. It is only natural that women have the higher life expectancy, etc. HOWEVER, this proves to me not to be the case because in the article they have facts that prove otherwise. Women are going to college just as much as men are, over 60% of women in fact are employed with a high position in the workforce, and more than ever women are starting up there own businesses. This surprises me and I am really happy about it! Women should be a leading force and there should be competition like this for the dominant sex. Go females!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.