Donnerstag, 12. April 2012

Bild Zeitung

I felt that writing another blog was necessary, just for the Bild Zeitung, wo Sie "Bild dir deine Meinung." The reason this additional blog is necessary is because I realized that the paper keeps politicians especially in check. Of course the paper does a whole lot of other things, like twisting most news stories into world-ending disasters, but when I read an online article about Angela Merkel, it became clear to me that the paper has much power. In America, people tend to shy away from such papers as tabloids, relying instead on magazines, and most political news comes through major news corporations. In Germany, the Bild Zeitung serves millions of readers, including some paper from other countries as well. Most politicians are afraid of the paper too which, honestly, makes me smile. I appreciate a little bit of control over the actions of politicians. For example, in America, most similar papers or magazines tend towards liberal or simply comedic ideas, while the Bild Zeitung has a strong conservative sense. For politicians, a little conservativeness is good thing, especially in a capitalistic economy. Of course, most of the paper's sales come from juicy gossip stories and mindless droll, hence the title, "Sex, Smut and Shock..." But the paper has some power and can hold people to better behavior, protect the interests of Germany, bash other countries out of control. I would call myself a half fan of the Bild Zeitung, because who knows when they might go too far. Oh, wait...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.