Dienstag, 6. März 2012

When reading the article "The Red Dictator", I thought to myself "Why are they even talking about this? It's not a very interesting subject and it's not that different from American culture". I find that only in big cities do people disobey the crossing sign. I just thought it was a somewhat insignifcant subject for an article. I don't think that Germans are all that different in that aspect. In Ann Arbor, people just seem to cross whenever and hardly look out for approaching cars but in my hometown and most other places I've been, people wait for the okay to cross. I also thought the "Fare dodgers Beware" article was a little bit pointless as well. It's not safe anywhere to attempt riding the subway or a train for free. Americans must also buy a ticket to get on the subway and must also go through a gate. That is not something that is unique to Germany.
I found the article "Baring it all" humorous though. I remember my German Art and History professor last semester mentioning a german friend of her's visit to America. Her friend apparently walked around naked all the time and my professor had to ask her to wear more clothes around her house because she had a husband. Her friend's response to this was to put on a hat. It really is true that germans are more comfortable with nudity than Americans. If an American official was caught in public without clothing, they would most likely have to resign from the embarassment.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.