Montag, 5. März 2012

AMD4

For Spring Break, I visited Las Vegas with a group of my friends. I wasn't expecting to speak any German while on vacation, until I was at the LAX club, and met a girl from Switzerland. Since she didn't speak much English, and I'd had a couple drinks, I figured this would be a perfect time to try out my skills in German. It went pretty well, but I also realized how far I am from speaking any where near fluently. She had a really thick Swiss accent that was extremely hard to understand, and the loud club music didn't help much. We talked about where we were from (Sie kommt aus Schweiz), where we had traveled to , what we liked to do (Sie klettert gern), what music we liked (Sie hört gern The Protomen - pretty cool band, glad she told me about them). We talked about a couple other things, but I was quickly running out of things to say in German, so we went and danced instead. I'm sure I messed up some of the sentences, because I had to repeat myself alot, and use hand motions to get my point across, but it was cool to meet someone from a completely different culture, and speak a little German. An excellent motivator to become better at speaking German. Oh, and she had a Vodka with "bitte lemon" to drink. She kept saying that, and I had no idea what that was. I know it literally means "please lemon", but there was no lemon in the drink. Any ideas?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.