I have to admit that none of these Kultur texts really inspired me to write a great response. It wasn't that they weren't interesting but more that I don't feel like I have much to say.
The one-way street article reminds me of Ann Arbor. People unfamiliar with downtown get very confused by the one-way streets; it's kind of funny, actually. The article about Illogical Logic definitely confused me a bit, as I'm sure it was meant to. It seems very strange to me that people wouldn't make the jumps of logic that come almost naturally to me; for example, if someone bought a train ticket that only worked on some trains and asked when the next train came, I would say the next train that your ticket is valid for comes at this time but there is a sooner one you can take with a different ticket. That's just how I work, I suppose.
The German opinion of jaywalking is much different than mine; in Ann Arbor, it's so easy to jaywalk. It's basically encouraged. No one cares. Especially around campus, Ann Arbor is a pedestrian town.
I did particularly enjoy the nudity article. It's really interesting to me how our culture is so prudish and conservative compared to others. It makes me wonder how Germans view more sexual things, like how the US freaks out over celebrity sex tapes. How do Germans react to these things?
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.