Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012

Kultur 3

For this cultural assignment I read "An Obsession Explained..." I found it pretty hilarious that the article started off with the stereotype story of the German, clad in lederhosen and drinking a mug of beer. The interesting thing is that it is true how serious many Germans are about their drinking. Even when I was in the airport in Frankfurt it was difficult to not notice how many people were crammed into the airport pub. What I did not know is that there are 1,274 breweries, comprising three-quarters of the breweries in the EU. Plus, just the idea of there being 5,000 different kinds of beer in a country of modest size is astounding. And of course, just like in the U.S. and many other countries around the world, one cannot drink without toasting his or her drinking companions. Plus, drinking at the sporting events is expected, though I did not know there are 500 breweries in the Munich state either. I'm happy to say that I knew pils and alt were the two most common beers in Germany. They also happen to be my most favorite types of beer, so maybe I have a good topic for my next AMD experience.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.