Montag, 13. Februar 2012

Kultur 3

After reading the "Beer" article I think my mind was blown. I thought that Samuel Adams's 20+ different types of beer was alot. I had no idea that Germany makes over 5,000 different types of beer in over 1200 breweries. I also like the German mindset toward drinking beer. Here in America most people consider drinking beer as just one of many to get totally wasted at a party or at the bar. But in Germany, beer is just another drink to them to drink when they're thirsty, not just a way to get a hangover the next day.

I mostly support the idea for banning public drunkiness. However I don't think it has any shot of actually working. If Prohibition in America taught us anything it's that even if alcohol is completely illegal people will find ways to get it. So if Germany was to put a ban on public drinking it would fail pretty badly. I also think that it's fair for people to drink if they want to, where they want to as long as they don't disturb the people and places around them. However I don't think a ban would solve the one problem.

After reading the article on German fast food I just wanted to go to Germany even more. I consider myself to be almost an "anti-vegetarian" because I love eating meat so much. When I looked at the menu and saw that most of the dishes at the German "Imbiss" contained pork and beef I got pretty hungry. German food definitely has my name on it.

However my desire to go to Germany took a hit after reading how pessimistic Germans are. I consider myself a pretty happy person and I like to laugh alot and have humor in my life. I'm not too sure if I would want to be around a bunch of Germans who are always putting me down or calling me stupid just for being happy. It wouldn't be the most fun thing in the world. However after I read about how Germans do have a sense of humor I felt a little better. I'd be willing to stay in Germany for a while just to learn their unique sense of humor.

I like that Germany uses the metric system. I think the US should really switch to it. Basing everything off of the number 10 just makes everything easier and I have to use metric in physics classes anyways. Before reading the Kultur texts in the book the city in Germany I wanted to go to the most was Munich. Now I really want to go to Heidelberg because it looks and sounds "sehr toll".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.