I had no idea Germans were so obsessed with organic food. In the United States most of our food is genetically manipulated and we don't even think twice about buying it when we are at the store. The fact that 70% of all Germans say they only eat organic food, is astounding to me. Its surprising how in this country few people rally care if all their food is organic or not and most of us don't care and will eat anything, while people in Germany couldn't ever imagine eating something that is not organic.
I was slightly, but not completely surprised to find out many of these facts about beer in Germany. The actual number of breweries was pretty amazing, and the fact that they have 3/4s of all breweries in the European union really says something about how much these Germans love their beer. One big difference that I found funny is that in the United States, we drink a lot of light beer because it's cheap, and not many of us splurge to buy nicer, heavier beers. However in Germany, you wouldn't ever be caught dead drinking the light stuff. Everyone drinks real beer with full flavor. I also found it interesting how sometimes when we drink we clink our glass together and say cheers for fun, but their version is much more serious, and if you don'd do it and look the other person in the eye while doing it, you wil have seven years of bad sex.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.