Sonntag, 12. Februar 2012
AMD3
For the 3rd AMD assignment, I watched a few clips of South Park in German. My roommate and I frequently watch South Park in English on Comedy Central so I thought, why not give german South Park a try! As I first started watching it I noticed that they talked very fast and I seemed almost impossible to understand what they were saying. My mind is still getting used to conjugating verbs for each Pronoun! However, as I watched more clips, I started to be able to pick out a few phrases and words here and there which made it easier to get an idea for what they were talking about. Then, I read Scott's post about how he watched a few clips of Family Guy in german, though he would watch them with English subtitles so it would be easier to understand the familiar words. I did this for a few clips and it made it a lot easier to understand the unfamiliar material! Danke fur den Tipp, Scott! I could pick out verbs being used the easiest, then I would rewind and play back the scene to try and see if I could further decipher what they were saying. After watching these videos, it helped me see what things I need to practice more in German so can understand easier. Listening and understanding what people are saying is definitely the hardest part for me, I watch shows with subtitles and understand easier. However, fitting a German word to how it sounds seems to be difficult for me. All I need to do now is practice more!
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.