Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012

AMD2

I read Mark Twain's essay "The Awful German Language."Mark Twain is actually pretty funny regarding the German language. He kind of tears it apart structure wise. It is very interesting to think about German in that way. This makes translating German to English very difficult, and makes a good translator more precious. Mark Twain also shows in full the different cases and how everything can change by the littlest of factors. The rain example was amazing because of how in depth he got. He then made that point even better by stating the existence of different exceptions throughout German writing/speaking, and pointing out the one dealing with rain. I thought this essay was pretty good at pointing out the annoying little things that come with German. I thought the parentheses were pretty  interesting too. I haven't experienced much of this problematic German yet, but now I at least know it exists.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.