What I really liked about German culture is that political correctness is thrown out the window. I hate that this is so prevalent in the U.S., and to be able to just say yes or no, or ask a direct question seems so refreshing. I also don't mind that if I have a differing opinion, someone would be compelled to question me about it, and perhaps even debate. When this is combined with their supposed love of statistics and documentaries, being able to have an intelligent conversation where facts are used to back up someone's opinion sounds absolutely amazing. I've stopped trying to do this in the U.S, because usually if I question's someones opinion, or give a counter example, people feel like I'm attacking them, and get emotional. I may be over romanticizing my idea of what Germany is like, but I'm starting to become convinced I would like it more than the U.S.
Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012
Kultur 2
After reading the articles about German culture, I'm even more convinced that I need to visit for a long time. Although, I'm sure the constant whining would be annoying, I feel like I hear people complain here in the U.S. pretty often, usually about insignificant things, and it wouldn't bother me that much. I had no idea about the surveillance, but since that seems to be something from the older generation, it wouldn't bother me that much. As long as someone isn't just blankly staring at me for extended periods of time without emotion (that would be creepy as hell), I feel like it's just a sign that Germans are more ok with eye contact with strangers, which is refreshing compared to the U.S.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.