I read all of the articles. After reading the article about complaining about everything, I couldn't help but read more. I personally despise the concept of complaining (am I complaining about complaining here?), and it struck me as odd that I would be taught something so negative about German culture. Having taken some Spanish in high school, I was used to being taught that these foreign cultures are perfect in every way, albeit a little different. It's refreshing to get to know Germans for what they really are, even if some of these articles may be a little exaggerated.
I found the article about staring funny, because their customs here are completely contrary to the way they are in America. If you stare at someone here, you make a new enemy. If you do the same in Germany, you are fulfilling your civic duty to your country. The article about brutal honesty is similar in this respect, and it also reminded me of a friend of mine who acts the same way. Incidentally, I may be going on a trip with this friend to Germany this summer, so he may be right at home!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.