Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012
Kultur 1
Although it is unfortunate, I would be lying if said that I have not noticed a large German impact in America. Coming from the east coast, the majority of the population seems to come from Irish and Italian backgrounds. I rarely hear about a german heritage, unless it is part of someone who is a mix of many European countries. The largest German impact in my life has been from my grandparents, who are not German at all. They lived in Germany for a year and now live in Ohio, but when I have visited them I have been exposed to a German based culture. They belong to a German club and many of their friends are from a German background. From this reading and my own experiences, it really does seem as if the German population in America is very different depending on where you are. As it says in the article, there is a larger German population in the midwest than anywhere else. However, it is sad that the German impact in America has been declining recently. I guess the same can be said for most cultures in America now though.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.