Sonntag, 29. Januar 2012

AMD2 - German Top 40

I was curious what kind of music was currently popular in Germany, and was pretty impressed with what I found. I found their taste in music fit way closer to mine, then what is played here in the U.S. The fact that Avicii is in their top 10 (the guy who Flo-Rida sampled from for Good Feeling) made me take notice immediately. They have some similarities to the U.S with artists like Taio Cruz, Flo Rida, Rihanna, and Adele all being in the Top 10, but the top 3 songs were all songs that haven't made it past number 50 here.

What I found most interesting was that none of the top 10 songs were in German, and that number 2 song (Ai Se Eu Te Pego!) is Brazilian. I can't remember the last time a non-English song was a top 10 hit in the U.S. and speaks volumes about the differences between the U.S. and Europe, and our (un)willingness to understand other cultures.

I took a couple of the songs I liked the most from the top 10, and tried to translate part of them. They didn't sound quite as good in German. "Manchmal habe ich ein gutes Gefühl ja", doesn't flow of the tongue quite as well as "Sometimes, I get a good feeling, yeah" Overall, pretty cool seeing the differences, and I found a couple new artists that I'll be looking into now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.