Montag, 30. Januar 2012
AMD 2 (Ashley Cambron)
For AMD 2, I decided to watch an episode of The Simpsons in German. I'm a pretty big fan of the show (primarily the earlier episodes, prior to about 2003), so I've seen a majority of the episodes. When I initially began looking for German episodes, I came across an episode with a German title (Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk) and decided to watch it. Although it was in German, it didn't take me long to remember that the central plot of the episode was Mr. Burns selling the town power plant to German investors. Because I have already seen the episode a few times before, I was able to follow the storyline easily. My primary objective was to note words that I already knew, as well as use my memory of the episode and(the context of situations within the episode) to figure out exactly what was being said. Although the language aspect was distracting, I was able to enjoy the episode. In the future, I will try watching shows/episodes that I am unfamiliar with in German.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.