Sonntag, 1. April 2012

AMD 6

For my 6th and final AMD post, I took a look at the work of another famous German poet, Wilhelm Müller. The poem I chose was "Der Lindenbaum" (The lime tree), and it's about a man trying to cope with his love lost. The poem is written in the narrative past, a tense that we have yet to learn, so I was offered a glimpse into its nature much like in Oh, Wie Schön Ist Panama. I learned some more new verbs, like "blieben" (blow) and "rauschten" (rustle), both describing the actions of the tree. I found other poetic phrases interesting as well: "Es zog in Freud' und Leide zu ihm mich immer fort" (I was always drawn to it in joy and sorrow), and "Hier findest du deine Ruh" ("Ruh" meaning rest, here suggesting death). Other useful words I found were "Geselle" (companion), "Angesicht" (face), and "Ort" (place).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.