As they usually are, the Kultur articles were very interesting. The sex shop thing is really cool I think. I personally don't think they are a bad thing or that big of a deal. I guess I share the same view as the Germans on this subject. It's probably better socially to have sexuality open, and seen in the public. Here in America sexuality is a bit more of a touchy subject it seems like. At the least, the realm of sexual objects is usually behind closed doors in America, and I think the Germans have it right. I mean, everybody, or at least most people in the world have or will have sex, and will or have gone into a sex shop. So, there isn't anything wrong or weird about it, so I don't understand why there is such a negative stigma surrounding it in America.
I also thought the Klofrau were very interesting. That is a job that I have never heard of or thought even existed anywhere. I kind of feel bad that people have jobs like that, I know that I wouldn't want to work solely as the person who cleans the bathroom for tips. However, I have never even seen a Klofrau, so I cannot know how bad they feel about their job. Also the thought of complete publicity for bathrooms is a foreign concept to me. I would never think to just walk into a random store and ask to use their bathroom....for a fee no less. But that is a completely normal thing in Germany. All I can say is that if I ever make it to Germany, I will keep some pocket change for the Klofrau!
I also thought that the flirting article was interesting, and makes me less confident in a chance affair in Germany should I ever make the trip. I don't quite understand how it's done from the article, I think I would have to see it done in person. But, I do think that it is probably a good system. In this case, people fall for each other based on something more substantial than "He is cute, and we both like the same music." <That's not a great example of what a relationship is actually built on here in America, but I feel like the German flirtation is more mature. I also like the fact that the woman is more involved. I feel like each party has to work to win the other over, whereas in America I feel like it's typically the man's job to get the woman to like him.
I read the other articles, but these were my favorite, and the ones I wanted to write about. Can't wait for the next Kultur blog, the articles are always good!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.