Dienstag, 27. März 2012

AMD 5

I read the Wikipedia article on "Denglish" for this AMD. I thought that it was fairly interesting. I though that it was an interesting implication on German culture. The fact that English is penetrating back into the german language is actually quite interesting. English is originally a Germanic language, and now English is starting to influence the German language. This makes the relationship between the two languages pretty interesting. I hope that this isn't the start of English taking over the German language in a few hundred years. That would be unfortunate and a real shame.

I like the list of words that are considered "Denglish". The word "Beamer" for overhead projector is pretty cool. I also think that the "Downloadet" thing is sad. I only say that because they say it was a word manufactured by Microsoft, and that essentially means English was trying to force out the German equivalent to the word. I'm glad there was complaints about it. The more I learn about German culture and way of life, the more I think it's cool, and should be preserved. Furthermore, the German language is a part of that culture, just like any language attributes to it's respective culture(s). So, "Denglish" is pretty cool, and I think it is basically a special form of slang. Not that I really think it will happen, but I would hope that "Denglish" stays relatively small, and is more of a youthful slang than an emerging "language".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.