Montag, 19. März 2012

AMD 5

For this assignment, I decided to delve a little into Germany's so-called greatest literary figure, Johann Wolfgange von Goethe. I read one of his poems, "Erlkönig," in German with a parallel English translation. I'm familiar with the poem because Franz Schubert wrote a fairly well-known song based on the text. I've never read it through for literal meaning, though.

I saw a lot of familiar prepositions from previous chapters, like "durch," "mit," and "an." These complete my understanding of sentences from which I previously only would have been able to draw the general meaning. I also saw what I can only deduce to be prepositional objective pronouns, "mir" ([with] me) and "dir" ([with] you). Some other cool words I found were "Blättern" (leaves) and "Nebelstreif" (something like a wisp of fog).

And yes, Goethe lives up to all the hype.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.