Montag, 16. Januar 2012

kultur 1

      Because I was not raised in the U.S. nor had any previous encounter with German culture, I did not know much of the history of German-Americans.  I had no clue that many families in the United States were linked to German ancestry.  I thought that many immigrants came to America just looking for a better life and so I did not know that they came to specific places here because it was a resemblance of home.  It is really interesting learning why they choose certain places and how their choices were influenced by things like forests and wood.  Knowing myself I would have probably done the same thing if I had to move: I would look for a place that made me feel like if I was still in my country even though I am thousands of miles away from my true home.
       Another thing that is interesting and to which I can relate to is how once this German families were in America they made their own communities.  When you move to a place that is so far away from home and to which the culture is completely different to yours, you seek pleasure in meeting people that share your culture and beliefs.  So although I am not German nor have any connections to German ancestry, in a way I feel that I can certainly relate to them.

Kiomari, Kultur 1




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.